FEEDING THE HUNGRY MINISTRIES
FREE LUNCH PROGRAM
Harundale Presbyterian Church serves a hot lunch every Monday and Thursday from 12:30 to 1:30 in our Fellowship Hall or outside. Everyone is welcome to the meals. There are no restrictions or requirements.
- In 2019, we served over 5,000 meals including Thanksgiving
- Each day has its own group of volunteers who cook, do dishes, set up, serve, clean up, and make all our guests feel welcome.
- The Free Lunch Program partners with Woods Memorial Presbyterian Church from Severna Park. Woods provides and serves the meals one Monday, Thursday each month in our HPC facilities.
- You, too, can be a part of this on-going mission. Just let a Mission Committee member know that you are willing to help during the week
HPC FOOD PANTRY
Groceries for our Food Pantry are donated by our congregation, area grocery stores and restaurants, various Boy Scout and community food drives in our area, and the Anne Arundel County Food Bank. You may bring grocery donations to the church during the week between the hours of 9A-3P and on Sunday between 9:30A-12noon. Donations may be placed in the green bin which is located in the hallway outside the Sanctuary.
- We share a “Food of the Month” throughout church via signs, on our Facebook page, bulletin and congregational letter that indicate a particular need or you can bring any non-perishable foods or supplies that you would like to donate.
- HPC Food Pantry is open for distribution of groceries every Tuesday from 12:30 to 1:30 in the back parking lot. Families and individuals are eligible to receive groceries once a month. Eligibility requirements are:
- Confirmation of address in Anne Arundel County (such as a current piece of mail),
- Photo I.D. for the person picking up the groceries
- In 2020, we provided groceries to 880 households, representing 2850 persons in need of assistance.