Scriptures for Missions
…and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and in Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8
In all this I have given you an example that by such work we must support the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus for he himself said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35
Supporting our Missionaries from Malawi, Jim and Jodi McGill
For many years, Harundale Church has supported the Jim and Jodi McGill Family, PCUSA missionaries (Pictured to the left).
Jim serves with the Evangelical Church in the Republic of Niger (EERN) and the Presbyterian Church of South Sudan (PCOSS) to ensure sustainability for clean water and sanitation at both community and user levels. He works with the church in being a strong participant in the rural development of Niger and South Sudan and an effective advocate for the health of its people. Jodi serves with the EERN in its efforts to create and staff church-run health clinics and to train students in its new nursing school. She also works in the EERN health clinic on a regular basis. Keep up with the McGill family and sign up for their updates at PC(USA) Mission
Harundale Presbyterian Church, part of the Presbytery of Baltimore, continues its partnership with Guatemala. This partnership, with CEDEPCA, focuses on Biblical and Theological Training, Women’s Ministry, Disaster Ministry and Intercultural Encounters.
Members of Harundale Presbyterian Church have participated in the Baltimore Presbytery’s annual partnership mission trip to Guatemala in previous years.
Arundel House of Hope
The Arundel House of Hope (AHOH) is a non-profit ecumenical organization
- Provides emergency, transitional, and permanent affordable housing for the poor and those experiencing homelessness in Anne Arundel County (add in counseling)
- Homeless Day Center on Crain highway hosts a medical clinic, addiction support groups, job training and counseling programs.
- HPC Partners with the AHOH Winter Shelter every year to keep those experiencing homelessness in the Baltimore/Annapolis corridor from freezing to death during the Winter months and to show them the Divine’s love in simple practical ways during our time together.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat seeks to put God’s love into action bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope with a vision for a world in which everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work.
Happy Helpers, an all-volunteer organization, have served the needy of Glen Burnie and Baltimore City for over 20 years.
- Provides food and goods every weekend no matter the weather and including holidays
- Provides a bagged lunch to guests in the back or front of Harundale
- Engage young people, their parents, and organizations in preparing food and goods for the needy
- Bring love and necessities directly to homeless and poverty-stricken men, women, and children
- Hold many themed parties for those whom we serve annually, including a Christmas party
The Center’s goal is to inspire churches to engage in their neighborhoods and to find those places in their local communities where compassion meets justice, and get involved.
- The Center hosts church groups of all ages for mission experiences that allow participants to engage in hands-on service, while also taking time to reflect theologically and learn about the intersection between compassion, justice, and faith.
- HPC regularly hosts local and out of state groups for The Center; they serve with our lunch program and learn about the homeless community in Glen Burnie.
Anne Arundel County Food Bank
Founded in 1986, the Anne Arundel County Food Bank (AACFB) was established to collect, purchase, and distribute food to not-for-profit, human service organizations in Anne Arundel County.
- AACFB is the only free multipurpose agency in Maryland that provides food, nutritional supplements, medical equipment, furniture, vehicles, appliances and more free of charge. To ensure all areas of Anne Arundel County are covered, especially those in low income communities, the food bank offers services free of charge.
- At HPC, we utilize the resources of the Food Bank for our Feeding the Hungry ministries, from Taste of Heaven lunches to stocking our pantry shelves.
- Through the Food Bank, we are also connected to FoodLink, who sponsors our quarterly Produce Drops.
Harundale also opens our doors to various meetings for community groups and events, including, NA.
For additional pantry services available within Anne Arundel County, please click here
Please contact the church office to contact the Mission Elders and Committee